The Invergordon Archive
Alan Kinghorn Year: 1919Ships in the floating dock at Invergordon
This shows HMS Whitley (F20) on the left and HMS Wolfhound (F18) on the right berthed in the floating dock. In the foreground is what appears to be a tug.
The floating dock is the smaller of the two docks at Invergordon during the First World War and has been referred to as the ‘Schiedam’ Dock. It was at Invergordon from late September 1916 through to April 1920. Both HMS Whitley (F20) and HMS Wolfhound (F18) were launched in 1918 so this picture could have been taken in 1919 or 1920.
Picture added on 08 January 2016 at 10:35
This picture is in the following groups