The Invergordon Archive
John Duguid Ross Year: 1945U776 at Invergordon
U-boat U776 was commissioned in April 1944 and only completed one patrol before the end of the Second World War. She was surrendered at Weymouth on 20th May 1945 and soon after was moored near the Houses of Parliament for the public to view, both inside and outside.
In July 1945 she visited Newcastle and it is quite likely that she continued her voyage round the coast of Britain visiting other ports. This could therefore be her visit to Invergordon in that same year.
(Image kindly supplied by Invergordon Off the Wall Web Site: www.invergordonoffthewall.co.uk/)
View Large Version
Picture added on 12 February 2006